Wednesday 6 August 2014

My Holiday Essentials


As I sit down to write this post, I'm filled with a serious case of the holiday blues. Incase you didn't already know, I recently returned from a sunny week in Italy. I thought that the perfect way to get back into blogging was to share with you all some of my holiday essentials.

Makeup

When I'm on holiday, I usually prefer to stay fresh faced during the day, with just minimal makeup in the evenings if I want to look a little more done up. This year I packed the Bourjois CC Cream which provides lightweight coverage with a luminous finish, the Bourjois Cream Blush for a pop of colour on the cheeks, and the Maybelline Colour Sensational Shine Gloss in the shade 'glorious grapefruit'.

Sun Protection
A decent sunscreen is essential to ensure that the skin is fully protected against both the short and long term effects of sun exposure. 
This year, I used the Ambre Solaire 12 Hour Moisturising Protection Spray. The SPF 30 helped to prevent any nasty sunburn, and the spray top was perfect for fuss-free reapplication throughout the day. Alongside this, I used Benefit Dream Screen on my face and Nivea Hydro Lip Care to protect my lips. 

Hair Oil
One of my biggest holiday essentials this year was AVON's Moroccan Argan Oil. I applied a small amount of product to the ends of my hair when it was damp, and it really helped to keep my hair soft and nourished in the sun. If you're in the market for a hair oil, but don't want to take out a bank loan for one of the higher end versions, I would definitely recommend giving this more budget friendly option a try.    

Travel Size Toiletries
Whenever I'm planning to travel somewhere abroad, I always like to stock up on minis of my favourite toiletries. This means that I don't need to worry about making space in my suitcase for the full size versions, and leaves me with enough room to squeeze in as many clothes and shoes as possible. 
This year, I picked up the TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Shampoo and Conditioner. This lightweight combination was perfect for adding extra volume and bounce to my hair. I also packed a mini Gillette Satin Care Shaving Gel, and decanted some of my Soap and Glory Sugar Crush Body Wash into a smaller bottle. 

Sunglasses
If you're jetting off somewhere with plenty of sunshine, sunglasses are essential. Not only do they protect your eyes from harmful rays, but they are also perfect for hiding any dark under eye circles which may have been caused through jet lag or lack of sleep. I picked up my aviator style sunglasses from River Island last summer, but I found an almost identical pair here.

Let me know in the comments if you're going anywhere exciting this summer, I'd love to know what your holiday essentials are. 

1 comment:

  1. Love all your picks! I agree, sunglasses are an absolute essential! xx

    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete